I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) in the state of California.
My training over the years includes:
- A Master’s degree in Integral Counseling Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco, CA
- The Hakomi Method at the Hakomi Institute of Northern California (client-centered therapy)
- Relational Couples’ Therapy at the Women’s Center in El Cerrito, CA
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy with the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute of Boulder, CO (PTSD and Childhood Trauma)
- Transpersonal Psychotherapy (Reiki and ritual)
My work with individuals and couples of various orientations has been deeply gratifying. My supervision work with Marriage and Family Therapy interns has been challenging and rewarding. My work focuses on developing clinical and professional skills in the therapist. It is work that I very much enjoy. I hope to continue my professional development in group supervision and teaching.
I am of native fluency in Spanish and English, and work with clients in either language, as needed. I have extensive experience with multicultural issues for individuals, couples, and psychotherapists.
I am a member of several professional organizations. If you would like additional information on me or my practice, I am listed on their websites. Here is the information on those sites:
You can verify my licensure at the Board of Behavior Sciences (BBS) website.
I am listed in the Therapist Finder of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT).
The East Bay chapter of CAMFT (EB-CAMFT) also lists me on their website.
I am a long-standing member of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered Therapist (GAYLESTA) organization. I am listed under Therapist Finder on their website at www.gaylesta.org.